Apache Camel + Apache Shiro

Les Hazlewood-2
Just a quick note for any potential Camel users - the Camel guys have
incorporated Shiro as a security mechanism:

http://camel.apache.org/shiro-security.html

Pretty cool!

Re: Apache Camel + Apache Shiro

AOladipupo
Hi Les,

I use camel on jBoss Fuse ESB for integration/middleware projects. By default, camel's route security uses shiro's iniRealm. However, due to the static nature of the iniRealm (bundle restart is needed for changes to reflect/get applied)... i have had to rethink my approach to route security. i changed the realm being used to a jdbcRealm from the shiro.ini file and migrated the users, roles and permissions details to a database. This allows changes to the underlying user details to get applied and reflect immediately on the esb.

However, there is a concern on the trips being made to the database to retrieve users' roles/permissions. This prompted me to enable the shiro caching support. Having done this, what i noticed was that the users' details, roles and permissions were not being cached. Is there something I may be doing wrong: small sample project source shiro_demo.zip?

What I want to achieve is a situation where subject details are read once, cached and expired/removed from the cache after the subject receives a request from the esb.

Thanks and kind regards