CDI support - will it ever arrive?

scSynergy
Years ago plans were announced to add CDI support into Shiro. Now, I wonder
what happened to that plan?

After all,  Harald Wellmann generously provided his PAX Shiro implementation
to the community - so what is keeping it from getting integrated?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-337

We have been using PAX Shiro for quite some time now and it works very well,
but is not compatible with any Shiro version larger than 1.2.6, which means
we have been stuck on that release for years now.

We have been holding still for quite some time now awaiting CDI support to
get added into Shiro.

Yet, it seems as though the better option is to enhance PAX Shiro to work
with recent Shiro versions than to wait any longer for CDI support into
Shiro?

Re: CDI support - will it ever arrive?

fpapon
Hi,

We have some test and rebase to make on the CDI PR. This is on the way
and will be a part of the release next the 1.5.0 planned for the end of
this month.

We will do our best to release the CDI feature for the end of this year :)

regards,

François
[hidden email]