Getting the default realm

kreca
Hi,
Im a new user of apache shiro. I've succesfully implemented shiro in our application and we are very happy with it.

Now I'm trying to clear the cache for a certain principal when updating credentials.

My problem is that I do not find a way to get the Realm from the web application.
Is there a way to retreive this through a static method?
What is the recommended approach of accessing it?

Im using spring so it would be possible to inject it I assume

Best regards
Jonas

Re: Getting the default realm

Les Hazlewood-2
Hi Jonas,

You wouldn't necessarily use Shiro to do this - although you could - but it would be Shiro implementation-specific and I wouldn't recommend it when you're already using Spring, which provides nice lookup capabilities already.

If it is spring based, the easiest thing to do is just to acquire the realm from the Spring application context:

WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(servletContext).getBean("myRealm");

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM, kreca <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
Im a new user of apache shiro. I've succesfully implemented shiro in our
application and we are very happy with it.

Now I'm trying to clear the cache for a certain principal when updating
credentials.

My problem is that I do not find a way to get the Realm from the web
application.
Is there a way to retreive this through a static method?
What is the recommended approach of accessing it?

Im using spring so it would be possible to inject it I assume

Best regards
Jonas

Re: Getting the default realm

Maarten Bosteels

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonas,

You wouldn't necessarily use Shiro to do this - although you could - but it would be Shiro implementation-specific and I wouldn't recommend it when you're already using Spring, which provides nice lookup capabilities already.

If it is spring based, the easiest thing to do is just to acquire the realm from the Spring application context:

WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(servletContext).getBean("myRealm");

Why looking it up when you can just as well inject it ?

Maarten