More authc basics

jhericks
I've got some other basics questions here: FormAuthenticationFilter basics question.  But I had some other questions.  Say your password is incorrect.  How would I show that? Maybe it would be clearer if I could get the basic login page working, but would I expect it to just go back to the loginUrl? Can I expect any parameters to be present?

Re: More authc basics

Jared Bunting
It appears to me that it will redisplay the login page.  The request
attribute "shiroLoginFailure" will be set with the class name of the
AuthenticationException that was thrown by the login attempt.  The name of
this attribute can be changed with the "failureKeyAttribute" property on the
FormAuthenticationFilter (authc).

This is what I interpret from the javadocs and code of
FormAuthenticationFilter.

-Jared

On 12/29/10 5:26 PM, "jhericks" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've got some other basics questions here:
> http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/FormAuthenticationFilter-basics-questio
> n-tt5854588.html#none
> FormAuthenticationFilter basics question .  But I had some other questions.
> Say your password is incorrect.  How would I show that? Maybe it would be
> clearer if I could get the basic login page working, but would I expect it
> to just go back to the loginUrl? Can I expect any parameters to be present?

Re: More authc basics

jhericks
Got it.  I figured that out, too over the weekend.  Thank you open source!

Re: More authc basics

jim.piersol@gmail.com
Question, should that attribute be viewable if looking at the request in Chrome Developer Console?