Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

shockwave
I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But, haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to any tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make my application shiro-secured.

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Brian Demers
It depends what you are doing, but it is vey possible.
I've used Shiro with Mina-sshd and there are tons of tests out there.  People have posted a few others in the list as well.

Give a little more detail and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

-Brian

> On Jan 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM, shockwave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But,
> haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to any
> tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make my
> application shiro-secured.

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

shockwave
I want to embed shiro in jetty server. So, that I can enhance security for my applications.

On 27 January 2014 18:47, Brian Demers [via Shiro User] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It depends what you are doing, but it is vey possible.
I've used Shiro with Mina-sshd and there are tons of tests out there.  People have posted a few others in the list as well.

Give a little more detail and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

-Brian

> On Jan 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM, shockwave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But,
> haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to any
> tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make my
> application shiro-secured.

NAML

Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

shockwave
Hi Brian,
  I used this configuration 'http://shiro.apache.org/spring.html' for initiating shiro-security, using text realm only, as of now. But when the server loads, it crashes throwing exception -> "No WebEnvironment found: no EnvironmentLoaderListener registered?"

On 27 January 2014 18:47, Brian Demers [via Shiro User] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It depends what you are doing, but it is vey possible.
I've used Shiro with Mina-sshd and there are tons of tests out there.  People have posted a few others in the list as well.

Give a little more detail and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

-Brian

> On Jan 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM, shockwave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But,
> haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to any
> tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make my
> application shiro-secured.

NAML

Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Jared Bunting-2

I might still need more information here.

My primary use of shiro is embedded in a jetty server but I would definitely consider that a web-based application.  I instantiate the ShiroFilter and attach it to my jetty context.

What are you doing differently with jetty?  Can you describe your intended usage a bit more?

Thanks,
Jared

http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

shockwave
Hi Jared,

I referred to this conversation 'http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Integration-of-Shiro-with-Embedded-Jetty-td7519712.html', but the problem I am facing is that 'context.callContextInitialized(listener, serveletContextEvent)' is giving NPE, because for creating that event object, you need to have a 'servlet context', which is missing in my case. Because, my project is an API collection only, so a number of web-app can be built on it...that's why I need the security parameters to be independent of any appContext...???

[hidden email]> wrote:

> It depends what you are doing, but it is vey possible.
> I've used Shiro with Mina-sshd and there are tons of tests out there.
>  People have posted a few others in the list as well.
>
> Give a little more detail and maybe we can point you in the right
> direction.
>

> -Brian
>
> > On Jan 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM, shockwave <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7579579&i=0>>

> wrote:
> >
> > I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But,
> > haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to
> any
> > tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make
> my
> > application shiro-secured.
> >

> > --

> here<
> .
> NAML<
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Ankit Patil

http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Reg-Using-shiro-in-non-web-based-application-tp7579575p7579588.html
To unsubscribe from Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application, click here.
NAML

Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Jared Bunting-2
Does your API reference the servlet API?  If not, what is the interface for using it?

If you're instantiating a Jetty server programmatically, you can simply create your own context (as suggested in that ticket) and attach it to the server.  How do you register your API with the server?

--
Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

cvgaviao
Hey Brian,

could you please point me to any of those tests with Shiro with
Mina-sshd you saw out there ?

I would like to learn how to them together but I couldn't find any
example in my search :(

thanks,

Cristiano

On 27/01/14 10:14, Brian Demers wrote:

> It depends what you are doing, but it is vey possible.
> I've used Shiro with Mina-sshd and there are tons of tests out there.  People have posted a few others in the list as well.
>
> Give a little more detail and maybe we can point you in the right direction.
>

> -Brian
>
>> On Jan 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM, shockwave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have found a lot of tutorials on shiro-secured web application. But,
>> haven't found any on non-web-based application. Can anyone point me to any
>> tutorial you have been through or help me with figuring out how to make my
>> application shiro-secured.

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

shockwave
We are not using Servlet context, so the intercept is not the Filter as it in the ticket I am referring to. We are using Context Handler from jettyServer to intercept and then throw it to pertaining APIs.

http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Reg-Using-shiro-in-non-web-based-application-tp7579575p7579590.html

Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Jared Bunting-2

Can you share a bit of code showing how you setup the jetty server?  I think this should be pretty straightforward but I'd need to see where Shirk can hook in.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >

>> --
>> Ankit Patil
>>

>> --

> here< > .
> NAML<
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Hey Jared,
   It is working, I got in some confusion, now its resolved with the help of my colleagues here. :)

Thanks

http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Reg-Using-shiro-in-non-web-based-application-tp7579575p7579600.html

Ankit Patil

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

Brian Demers

Did you use any of the shiro-web code, or did you end up implementing similar patterns using Jetty Handlers ?

Cristiano, not to highjack the thread, but pub-key stuff is here:

[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >>
>> http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

>> click
>> > here< > .

Re: Reg: Using shiro in non-web based application

nullptr7
Ankit,

How did you solve this problem ? I am facing the same issue.