Shiro 1.4.0 Release Anouncement

Frank Martínez
Hi Guys,

I have noticed Shiro 1.4.0 is already available in maven central, but there is no official announcement nor release notes in the project site.

Where can I find info like:

1. Whats is new in 1.4.0
2. Migration from previous versions
3. Updated 1.4.0 documentation

Frank D. Martínez M.

Re: Shiro 1.4.0 Release Anouncement

Brian Demers
A few things delayed the announcement.  Access issues during post release processes (updating site, etc), and a couple minor issues have been reported against one of the newer features.  We are working on a 1.4.1 release which will have a more detailed announcement.

The gist of it though is updated Spring and Guice support and a exposing a few method that make it easier to embed/configure Shiro via other frameworks.

Re: Shiro 1.4.0 Release Anouncement

Frank Martínez
Hi Brian,
Thank you for the info. It sounds interesting, i am integrating shiro with apache deltaspike and any integration API in shiro is good news.

Cheers,

Frank.

El 6/07/2017 10:29 AM, "Brian Demers" <[hidden email]> escribió:
A few things delayed the announcement.  Access issues during post release processes (updating site, etc), and a couple minor issues have been reported against one of the newer features.  We are working on a 1.4.1 release which will have a more detailed announcement.

The gist of it though is updated Spring and Guice support and a exposing a few method that make it easier to embed/configure Shiro via other frameworks.

Re: Shiro 1.4.0 Release Anouncement

Brian Demers
Great!!

Is deltaspike still Spring based?

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Frank Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Thank you for the info. It sounds interesting, i am integrating shiro with apache deltaspike and any integration API in shiro is good news.

Cheers,

Frank.

El 6/07/2017 10:29 AM, "Brian Demers" <[hidden email]> escribió:
A few things delayed the announcement.  Access issues during post release processes (updating site, etc), and a couple minor issues have been reported against one of the newer features.  We are working on a 1.4.1 release which will have a more detailed announcement.

The gist of it though is updated Spring and Guice support and a exposing a few method that make it easier to embed/configure Shiro via other frameworks.

Re: Shiro 1.4.0 Release Anouncement

lprimak
I believe DeltaSpike is Java EE based.
I have an integration library (poorly documented at this point though)
which basically makes Shiro annotations work within Java EE

On Jul 7, 2017, at 8:15 AM, Brian Demers <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Deltaspike is not based on spring. It is based on CDI exclusively. It can be used within JEE and within JSE too. But has many modules for JEE. It provides a security module primarily designed to allow integration of full security frameworks like Shiro, picketlink, etc...

I have successfully integrated Shiro 1.2.3 with deltaspike in some JEE projects in the past. But now i am interested in upgrade to latest versions, so i have decided to start from scratch with Shiro 1.4 and DS 1.8.

I will take a look at flowlogix-jee. thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Frank.

Frank D. Martínez M.