Quantcast

Shiro and Kerberos

tlarhices
I see on the page :
http://shiro.apache.org/authentication-features.html

"Shiro provides out-of-the-box realms for popular data sources like LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos, and JDBC."

But I can not seem to be able to find anything related to kerberos in Shiro.
Looking thourgh the archives it seems that there is nothing in place right now :
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/how-can-i-use-KERBEROS-sso-with-shiro-td6385972.html
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Gathering-Windows-logon-credentials-td5272872.html

Isn't the page misleading ?

Re: Shiro and Kerberos

Les Hazlewood-2
Hi there,

Yes, it is misleading and I have just fixed it - thanks for the
notice.  I can't remember who added that in, but I believe some work
was being done on Kerberos at the time that never fully materialized
which is why it is probably mentioned.

That being said, I've always wanted Kerberos support in Shiro, but
have never needed it myself so I haven't had a cause to work on it.
What kind of Kerberos support are you looking for?

SPNEGO [1] seems to be the most utilized mechanism in Java
applications and would be pretty easy to build I think.  Or might
there be something else?

Les Hazlewood
CTO, Katasoft | http://www.katasoft.com | 888.391.5282
twitter: http://twitter.com/lhazlewood
katasoft blog: http://www.katasoft.com/blogs/lhazlewood
personal blog: http://leshazlewood.com

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPNEGO

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM, tlarhices <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see on the page :
> http://shiro.apache.org/authentication-features.html
>
> "Shiro provides out-of-the-box realms for popular data sources like LDAP,
> Active Directory, Kerberos, and JDBC."
>
> But I can not seem to be able to find anything related to kerberos in Shiro.
> Looking thourgh the archives it seems that there is nothing in place right
> now :
> http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/how-can-i-use-KERBEROS-sso-with-shiro-td6385972.html
> http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Gathering-Windows-logon-credentials-td5272872.html
>
> Isn't the page misleading ?

Re: Shiro and Kerberos

davot
Hi Les,

The web site still shows kerberos authentication support. It's now 2013. Does it now support kerberos authentication? Can' see any evidence of this in the documentation.

Regards,
David.