Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

sreenivas harshith
Hi,

I was trying to integrate shiro in gradle 6.4.1 which has java 9 module support and  include the below line in build.gradle

 implementation group: 'org.apache.shiro', name: 'shiro-core', version: '1.5.3'

Its taking automatic module name as

 requires shiro.core;

But when i compile  i get

error: module not found: shiro.core
    requires shiro.core;
                  ^
I'm able to compile and include other libs such as commonslang3 with automatic module name resolution such as below.

requires org.apache.commons.lang3;

Even the descrive module says the same module name as shown below

 jar --file=.\shiro-core-1.5.3.jar --describe-module                                                             No module descriptor found. Derived automatic module.

shiro.core@1.5.3 automatic
requires java.base mandated
contains org.apache.shiro
contains org.apache.shiro.aop
contains org.apache.shiro.authc
contains org.apache.shiro.authc.credential
contains org.apache.shiro.authc.pam
contains org.apache.shiro.authz
contains org.apache.shiro.authz.annotation
contains org.apache.shiro.authz.aop
contains org.apache.shiro.authz.permission
contains org.apache.shiro.cache
contains org.apache.shiro.codec
contains org.apache.shiro.concurrent
contains org.apache.shiro.config
contains org.apache.shiro.config.event
contains org.apache.shiro.crypto
contains org.apache.shiro.crypto.hash
contains org.apache.shiro.crypto.hash.format
contains org.apache.shiro.dao
contains org.apache.shiro.env
contains org.apache.shiro.event
contains org.apache.shiro.event.support
contains org.apache.shiro.io
contains org.apache.shiro.jndi
contains org.apache.shiro.ldap
contains org.apache.shiro.mgt
contains org.apache.shiro.realm
contains org.apache.shiro.realm.activedirectory
contains org.apache.shiro.realm.jdbc
contains org.apache.shiro.realm.jndi
contains org.apache.shiro.realm.ldap
contains org.apache.shiro.realm.text
contains org.apache.shiro.session
contains org.apache.shiro.session.mgt
contains org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.eis
contains org.apache.shiro.subject
contains org.apache.shiro.subject.support
contains org.apache.shiro.util

Can we include shiro with java 9 and above as modules ?

Regards,
Sreenivas.

Re: Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

fpapon

Hi,

We started an effort to modernize and refactor some part of Shiro with the 2.0 next major release.

We can add this, I created a Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-781

Feel free to push a PR if you think you can help :)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 04/06/2020 à 11:39, sreenivas harshith a écrit :
Hi,

I was trying to integrate shiro in gradle 6.4.1 which has java 9 module support and  include the below line in build.gradle

 implementation group: 'org.apache.shiro', name: 'shiro-core', version: '1.5.3'

Its taking automatic module name as

 requires shiro.core;

But when i compile  i get

error: module not found: shiro.core
    requires shiro.core;
                  ^
I'm able to compile and include other libs such as commonslang3 with automatic module name resolution such as below.

requires org.apache.commons.lang3;

Even the descrive module says the same module name as shown below

 jar --file=.\shiro-core-1.5.3.jar --describe-module                                                             No module descriptor found. Derived automatic module.

[hidden email] automatic

Sreenivas.

Re: Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

sreenivas harshith

Hi francois,

Even with out module-info.java file older jars should work fine with Java 9 automatic Module resolution strategy to maintain compatibility with legacy code. Not sure why this is not working with shiro. Mean while when is Shiro 2.0  set  to release.?

Regards,
Sreenivas.

Sreenivas.

Sreenivas.

Re: Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

sreenivas harshith

Oh it should work! I was trying with shiro web and shiro core. I was getting split packages issue as well cause of same package hierarchy in both jars. As a workaround I am combining all jars into a single uber jar adding automatic module name in manifest. I'll try this shiro all.

Regards,
sreenivasHarshith

Re: Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

fpapon

Yes it should work.

FYI we have fixed the split package issues in the 2.0 but we don't already define a release date.

We are in best effort :)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 04/06/2020 à 17:25, sreenivas harshith a écrit :

Oh it should work! I was trying with shiro web and shiro core. I was getting split packages issue as well cause of same package hierarchy in both jars. As a workaround I am combining all jars into a single uber jar adding automatic module name in manifest. I'll try this shiro all.

Regards,
sreenivasHarshith

Re: Shiro does not work with Java 9 modules.

fpapon

I think it should also work with a custom shade module if you only wanted the shiro-core and shiro-web modules.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 04/06/2020 à 17:35, Francois Papon a écrit :

Yes it should work.

FYI we have fixed the split package issues in the 2.0 but we don't already define a release date.

We are in best effort :)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 04/06/2020 à 17:25, sreenivas harshith a écrit :

Oh it should work! I was trying with shiro web and shiro core. I was getting split packages issue as well cause of same package hierarchy in both jars. As a workaround I am combining all jars into a single uber jar adding automatic module name in manifest. I'll try this shiro all.

Regards,
sreenivasHarshith

Unsubscribe.

Simeó Reig