User role/permission store suggestions?

Rob Young
Hi there,

I’m working on a project where we’re using Shiro to authenticate users from both an OAuth provider and a private based provider we’re using login forms for.  Shiro is great for tying the users together - it’s still early days, I need to start storing authorization data for users, I was wondering if you fine folks could recommend a service or project I could use to store authorization permissions/roles in?

Thanks,
Rob

Re: User role/permission store suggestions?

lprimak
The obvious answer is Stormpath,
Some other options would be:
- any RDBMS
- any NoSQL DBMS

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 4:46 PM, Rob Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I’m working on a project where we’re using Shiro to authenticate users from both an OAuth provider and a private based provider we’re using login forms for.  Shiro is great for tying the users together - it’s still early days, I need to start storing authorization data for users, I was wondering if you fine folks could recommend a service or project I could use to store authorization permissions/roles in?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Re: User role/permission store suggestions?

Rob Young
Thanks - we're evaluating stormpath for sure!  Rolling our own with a RDBMS is probably what's going to happen...

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:41 AM, Lenny Primak <[hidden email]> wrote:
The obvious answer is Stormpath,
Some other options would be:
- any RDBMS
- any NoSQL DBMS

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 4:46 PM, Rob Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I’m working on a project where we’re using Shiro to authenticate users from both an OAuth provider and a private based provider we’re using login forms for.  Shiro is great for tying the users together - it’s still early days, I need to start storing authorization data for users, I was wondering if you fine folks could recommend a service or project I could use to store authorization permissions/roles in?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Re: User role/permission store suggestions?

I PVP
I am using Apache Cassandra to store roles and permissions.

--
IPVP

From: Rob Young [hidden email]
Reply: [hidden email] [hidden email]