Web Sample - link error

elpela
Hi,

I'm trying to run the web-sample in jboss jboss-5.1.0.GA and I'm having the following error:

13:56:21,484 ERROR [0-incubating-SNAPSHOT]] Excepción arrancando filtro KiFilter
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getLoggerFactory()Lorg/slf4j/ILoggerFactory;" the class loader (instance of org/jboss/classloader/spi/base/BaseClassLoader) of the current class, org/slf4j/LoggerFactory, and the class loader (instance of org/jboss/classloader/spi/base/BaseClassLoader) for resolved class, org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder, have different Class objects for the type org/slf4j/ILoggerFactory used in the signature
        at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:240)

What I have done is:
maven compiled the hole project.
I have copied:
 ki-all-1.0.jar
 slf4j-api-1.5.6.jar
 slf4j-log4j12-1.5.6.jar
to C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\lib

and samples-web-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.war to C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy

What's wrong?

Thanks!
Ken

Re: Web Sample - link error

eyedrop
Did you happen to resolve this?  I am running into this problem as well.

Anyone else seen this error?

Thanks!

elpela wrote
[...]

Thanks!
Ken

RE: Web Sample - link error

elpela

No I couldn’t, I think it is not fully supported in JBoss.

Best regards,

Ken

elpela wrote:

[...]

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Web-Sample---link-error-tp3063237p3152168.html

Re: Web Sample - link error

Les Hazlewood-2
Hi guys,

This is not related to Shiro's support for JBoss environments.  It is due to multiple class loaders and can occur in any container (App Server/Servlet Container) that uses multiple classloaders (most do).

You have two slf4j-api.jar files deployed to two different class loaders:

- One is in the JBoss's boot classloader (server/default/lib/*)
- The other is in the sample web application's WEB-INF/lib directory.

Although these two slf4j jar files might be the exact same binary file, because they are loaded by two different classloaders, the JVM sees their classes as entirely different - even if their classes have the exact same package and names.  This is something that has been discussed over and over again since JEE application servers hit mainstream many years ago.

See these links for more information:

http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ClassLoadingConfiguration
http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/2248831

The solution to this particular problem is to not deploy any Shiro-related .jar files to JBoss's server/default/lib directory.  Just deploy the war file, which should contain everything it needs to run correctly.  If it does not, please repost to this list, and we can fix how the .war is assembled.