would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

barmstrong
I would like to put my shiro.ini file in my WEB-INF directory.

Its seems like using

  <filter>
    <filter-name>ShiroFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter</filter-class>
      <init-param>
       <param-name>configPath</param-name>
       <param-value>file:shiro.ini</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>

in web.xml, Doesn't allow Shiro to find shiro.ini, and it seems that file: is expecting an absolute path, which I would like to avoid since the applications is deployed in various environments.

How should I go about doing this?  -thanks!

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
I don't believe this is supported, oddly enough.  Can you please open
a Jira issue for it?

In the meantime, you'll probably have to put it in /WEB-INF/classes
and use classpath:shiro.ini

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM, barmstrong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to put my shiro.ini file in my WEB-INF directory.
>
> Its seems like using
>
>  <filter>
>    <filter-name>ShiroFilter</filter-name>
>    <filter-class>org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter</filter-class>
>      <init-param>
>       <param-name>configPath</param-name>
>       <param-value>file:shiro.ini</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>  </filter>
>
> in web.xml, Doesn't allow Shiro to find shiro.ini, and it seems that file:
> is expecting an absolute path, which I would like to avoid since the
> applications is deployed in various environments.
>
> How should I go about doing this?  -thanks!

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

barmstrong
thanks for the reply!  I will open an issue, but this is my first forum post, and
I'm not sure how.

On 06/17/2010 01:17 PM, Les Hazlewood [via Shiro User] wrote:
I don't believe this is supported, oddly enough.  Can you please open
a Jira issue for it?

In the meantime, you'll probably have to put it in /WEB-INF/classes
and use classpath:shiro.ini

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM, barmstrong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to put my shiro.ini file in my WEB-INF directory.
>
> Its seems like using
>
>  <filter>
>    <filter-name>ShiroFilter</filter-name>
>    <filter-class>org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter</filter-class>
>      <init-param>
>       <param-name>configPath</param-name>
>       <param-value>file:shiro.ini</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>  </filter>
>
> in web.xml, Doesn't allow Shiro to find shiro.ini, and it seems that file:
> is expecting an absolute path, which I would like to avoid since the
> applications is deployed in various environments.
>
> How should I go about doing this?  -thanks!

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

Les Hazlewood-2
Hiya,

Here it is:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO

You'll need to sign up for an account and then you'll be able to create it.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM, barmstrong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks for the reply!  I will open an issue, but this is my first forum
> post, and
> I'm not sure how.
>
> On 06/17/2010 01:17 PM, Les Hazlewood [via Shiro User] wrote:
>
> I don't believe this is supported, oddly enough.  Can you please open
> a Jira issue for it?
>
> In the meantime, you'll probably have to put it in /WEB-INF/classes
> and use classpath:shiro.ini
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM, barmstrong <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to put my shiro.ini file in my WEB-INF directory.
>>
>> Its seems like using
>>
>>  <filter>
>>    <filter-name>ShiroFilter</filter-name>
>>
>>  <filter-class>org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter</filter-class>
>>      <init-param>
>>       <param-name>configPath</param-name>
>>       <param-value>file:shiro.ini</param-value>
>>    </init-param>
>>  </filter>
>>
>> in web.xml, Doesn't allow Shiro to find shiro.ini, and it seems that file:
>> is expecting an absolute path, which I would like to avoid since the
>> applications is deployed in various environments.
>>
>> How should I go about doing this?  -thanks!

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

barmstrong
Les,

thanks, I added an Issue to Jira

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

Hendy Irawan
Any update on this?

The JIRA is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-178

Re: would like to put shiro.ini in WEB-INF

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Working on it right now :)

I should have the fix in trunk shortly.